Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Year-End Review

It seems I'm doing quite of a few of these. Actually, no. I'm only doing two. But still...it's a bit.

So this is the time of year where I wrap up and reflect on the 2008 that's been and the 2009 coming up. Well, I'm not going to lie. This year has been full of surprises. Some good. Some bad. Some 'What the hell?' But it's been an interesting year overall.

I learned a lot about myself. For example, I learned that if God has a plan for me, I need to put all my trust in Him and let Him lead the way. Making my own plans is fine and dandy, but He always has something better in mind.

I learned who my true friends and family are. I learned that I don't just know someone if we never met. I don't know someone if we met briefly or spoke on the phone a few times. I only know what they put forth and I have to accept they have the best intentions. Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don't. But what you do in the dark will always come to light.

I learned that letting go of the past and any remnants of it propelled me to newer and higher levels of gratification. Sometimes the hardest decisions are really the best decisions.

I learned that writing is and will always be my passion despite my interest in other activities such as crafts, foreign languages and the such. And I need to focus more on my craft to be more successful in the future.

And lastly, I learned when someone enters your life and turns it upside down...there's no rhyme or reason for it to happen. It just does. And to you, my LOML...I'm forever grateful.

Have a blessed 2009.

Ms. V.

No comments: