Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Rose-Colored Glasses Effect

I'm currently suffering from this.

You know how you give people benefit of the doubt and yet they still disappoint you? Well, that's what I'm experiencing.

It seems no matter how much I try to see the good in people, someone disappoints me. And honestly, it's my own damn fault. Really, it is. I keep putting these people on pedastals and practically worship them like they can't do any wrong. So when they do wrong, I feel like I was lead on...believing in something that probably never existed.

And I keep asking myself, why? Why do I do this? Why? What happened in my past life to treat everyone like royalty when clearly they're not?

The answer is a scary one...I don't know.

So my question is when do I take off the rose-colored glasses or do I leave them on? Do I complain and cause a ruckus? Do I stay obedient and not say anything?

Hmm...I think I might have figured out an answer. They always say the hardest decisions are the best ones. I guess I have to give this a shot and see what happens...

No comments: