Monday, January 26, 2009

What in the Lonely Girl Hell?

So this past weekend I picked up an issue of Cosmopolitan from my roommate. She somehow got in the mail and she passed onto me. Now when I was younger (say about my early 20s), I used to read Cosmo like it was the Bible. Every tip, every message, every article I memorized and had it tattooed on my brain.



And then I stopped reading. Maybe it was lack of interest of just didn't want to pay the subscription fee. But nevertheless, I hadn't picked up a Cosmo in years.



This past weekend changed that.



I picked up one. I carefully browsed through the pages as my fiancee looked on. I couldn't believe some of the shit they were spewing. 100 non-verbal guy signs? What does he really mean when he says X?



Are they serious?



First of all, I wonder if some of the tips were bullshit. If he does X, you should do Y. Now how many girls actually read Cosmo and thought if they followed the tips to a tee, Mr. Prince Charming was going to come through their door at any minute? Like, really?

Now I know Cosmo's target age group is 18-25 year olds. I get that. But some of the people who do work at Cosmo seriously need their heads examined.

That's all. Rant over.

No comments: