Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Change Has Come

This morning, for the first time in several weeks, I woke up early. Real early. Extra early.

I woke up about 5 AM when normally I don't pry myself out of bed until 7, at the earliest. But today I had to get up early. I just had to.

It's not every day you see a Black man being sworn in as President of the United States.

Immediately, I got my knees and prayed. I prayed for Barack, Michelle, Sasha and Malia. I prayed for my country, the United States. I prayed for my grandparents, who were shining down on Barack at this moment. (I bet there's one helluva party in Heaven right now.)

I prayed for everyone witnessing this historic and miraculous event. I prayed for everyone who couldn't.

I have to admit, the ice Princess in me was overcome with joy and I just started crying. I mean, tears were pouring down my cheeks as I was just overcome with such joy. 8 years of terror was finally over. A new era was finally beginning.

God is good. God is good.

The changes won't happen overnight and President Obama (feels so good to say that!) has said that and made it pretty abundantly clear. But a change has come.

Amen to that.

No comments: