Thursday, February 5, 2009

What Inspires Me...well, a whole lot.

Last night, I was chatting with a friend online over storylines and ideas. I was helping her with a chapter she was going to write and gave her tips on where to go and how to proceed. There were many angles and levels she could've gone with her writing. Then she asked, 'How did you come up with that?'

I told her I was blessed with an overactive mind...I'm always thinking, I'm always preparing, I'm always wondering. Sometimes it's a great thing. Sometimes it keeps me up at night. Sometimes I'll come up with a favorable solution; sometimes, I just have to pray about it.

But that's beside the point. What inspires me is anything and everything. Love, music, wrestling, sex, nature, fights, anger, roommates, etc. Everything inspires me in different ways. I'm notoriously known for making a good situation out of a horrible one. Sometimes life sucks and it sucks hard...but it's what you do with that knowledge that makes the difference.

Some people wallow and play the "Poor & Pity Me" act so well, it's hard to feel sorry for them. Some people take what happened as a lesson learned and thrive.

I'm thriving. You should too.

No comments: