Sunday, May 10, 2009

Do You Hear The Bells?

I've been watching too much Hairspray. The newer version if you must know.

So as everyone knows by now, I'm getting married. The wedding is tentatively scheduled for May 6, 2011. You have noticed I said tentatively. Well, we are having a wedding that day but more than likely, we'll get married way sooner than that.

Way sooner. How much sooner? We're not sure yet. But way sooner. Possibly this year.

So now trying to plan a wedding and get the details finalized is a bit peculiar since several things are coming up: a romantic couple getaway to San Francisco; us moving in together and finally, not one--but--two engagement parties this summer.

Busy!

But the one thing I love about having such a busy and hectic schedule is I'm not losing track of why all of this is happening. While some brides are concentrating on a certain flower or shade of color, I'm focused on my relationship and doing whatever I can to make it work. Sometimes, you don't need the bling-bling to show your lover how much they mean to you. All you need is a smile and a hug.

So I think we're going to have the engagement parties at a restaurant, we're not sure which one yet. We're doing a L.A. one for our friends and family in L.A. and a Palm Springs one for our friends and family in Palm Springs. It's actually much easier that way so there's never a question if someone can't attend because of the distance.

I'm actually excited about getting married. I feel I'm starting a brand-new chapter in my life and I can't wait!

No comments: