Thursday, May 7, 2009

Memory Lane..glad I'm not there anymore

Today I found myself reminscing at work. Well, not really reminscing but wondering. Wondering what a few of my exes were doing and what they were up to. No particular reason and no, I didn't get into a fight with the hubby. But just an overall wonder about the people that impacted my life...and who helped me become the woman I am today.

I briefly thought about what life would've been like if me and any of the exes worked out. Would things be better? Would they be worse? Would we have evolved as a couple? Or would we have fought bitterly over everything like we did when we were together?

And then it occurred to me...my reminscing on my exes is not of fondness, per se. But rather, a thankfulness. If it wasn't for my experiences with them, I wouldn't have met my current soul and lifemate.

I can think back to the good times I had with my exes and think fondly of those times. But do I miss them overall? No. Do I want to reconnect with them? No. But do I wish them well? Definitely. For me to still wish harm and wrong on them won't benefit me one iota. And let's face it, I'm way too fly to have someone's negative energy affecting my spirit. :)

Strolling back down memory lane made me appreciate the gem I currently have and how thankful he's a part of my life every single day. Sometimes you have to go through rain to get that sunshine. :)

I love you, baby. :)

No comments: