Monday, March 16, 2009

Simple Pleasures

You know, I would complain about my situation but it's not that bad. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of moving back to a place I desperately tried to get the hell out of. But all in all, it's not that bad.


Right now, it's a crisp 95 degrees. Not a cloud in the sky. It's actually hot to the point where you feel it on your skin. But it's a delicious heat.

Like I've said...I can't complain.

So I'm getting back into a routine which I was familiar with: writing and working out. I haven't done much of either lately. It's amazing how the simplest of pleasures is what brings me the most joy. Over the past several months, my fiancee and I were struggling with money--partially because we were ballin' like mofos, you know what I'm sayin'.

And then it dawned on both of us one night: we have a lot of fun when there's hardly any money involved.

One of my favorite memories is when we had a picnic in my bedroom. It was us, candlelight, a fruit and cheese plate, and our thoughts. It was such an emotional night and something I would never truly forget. And you want to know how much that cost? Probably $15 tops.

That brings me back to the simple pleasures...sometimes doing something you truly love and find pleasure out of doesn't have to cost one penny.

Writing updates soon....

No comments: