Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Friendly Spirit


Amazing what a weekend with your best friends and hubby will do to a girl's spirit.

Hello again! I'm back and in a much better mood. Thursday, I'll be honest, really really sucked. You never know how much someone can hurt you until they really do it. And when it happens, it's almost mind-blowing at how much it hurts.

But I'm not going to let it affect me even more than it has. I'm way too fly and have enough crap on my plate to be worried about why someone wants to submit their name for Cunt of the Year.

So instead, I had an amazing weekend with my girls and my guy. Just having a few beers and just kickin' with each other was really all the relaxation I needed. We lit fireworks at another friend's house and just had a marvelous time. The kids were running around doing their own thing while we just sat around in the front lawn and enjoyed ourselves. Met some new friends and reconnected with old ones.

What happened last week was a reminder of nurturing relationships with people you are already close to and not worrying about others say. I have a small circle of friends who I'm extremely close to and I thank God everyday for them...whether they're my online homies or friends who've known me all my life.

Sometimes when God speaks, you have no choice but to listen.

No comments: