Friday, July 24, 2009

Self-invite, much?


You know what I love about getting married? Getting married.

You know what I hate about getting married? The self-invites.

I announced to a few close friends that we were getting married last year. I announced it to everyone back in March. Now, I'm getting the invites.

"I hope I get to go!"

"I can't wait to be there!"

"I hope I get an invitation!"

Now, don't get me wrong. I love the fact I have so many friends and family supporting my next step in my life. But do these people know exactly how much a wedding actually costs? It's not cheap. And with me and the fiancee footing the bill, it's definitely not cheap!

We made the decision to make our wedding itself a private and small affair, with only our nearest and dearest. I know that won't sit too well for some people. But let's face it, with a 45 count guest list (which also counts us), we don't really have a choice in the matter. Either a very small wedding or a quick trip to San Francisco City Hall (no, not Vegas. S.F.'s city hall is off the chain...don't believe me? Check out the pictures in the above post.)

So now fiancee and I have the suck-ass decision of deciding exactly who is invited to the wedding and who is invited to the morning-after brunch.

Not. Fun. Period.

No comments: