Tuesday, July 21, 2009

So it's getting cheaper and better...


Planning this wedding. (I wish money could fall out of the sky right now...)

So I cut another $500 out of the budget. I still haven't met with the venue yet but I imagine I'm going to cut a whole lot out of that once we sit down and discuss.

I created the STDs (Save the Dates) and I'm in the process of getting monograms created. I tried doing my own but I think I'm better off spending the money to get them done professionally. (And I found a girl online who can do great monograms for cheap. Yeah!)

I joined a board called Budget Brides. I think I'm inspired enough to do a wedding under $15K. My goal is still under $10K but I have to be realistic. I think if I aspire for a $12K affair, I should be good. The wedding only has 45 guests, and that's counting me and Max so if I could spend above $15K on this, I would really have to be trying to spend a ton of money.

My savings account isn't looking too shabby and that's just because I'm on the budget of all budgets now. It sucks but I know it'll pay off in the long run. Plus selling some stuff on Ebay isn't hurting either.

So far, so good. Now I just need to get my career going, I'll be all set!

No comments: