Wednesday, July 1, 2009

WTF???


Trust me...the picture does describe the title and this blog....

So I get a random e-mail from one of my old online friends. We used to be close, she made some questionable decisions in her life that I didn't agree upon, I expressed my displeasure and concern, she stopped talking to me. Pretty much the gist of it.

In case you're wondering what were the questionable decisions she made, here's a breakdown:
  • sleeping with a married man,
  • getting pregnant by him,
  • and then aborting the baby after he left his wife for her and wanted to have a child with my old friend.

Yeah...questionable.

Anyhoo, she e-mailed me and started off the e-mail with, 'I know you're not talking to me but...'

Now, what bothered me about her saying that was I never wanted to stop being friends with her. Maybe at the time, I expressed my displeasure in a not-so tolerable way, but I never said, 'Oh, I can't fuck with you anymore.' When your friends do some strange and stupid shit, you need to be there for them, even if it means you have to kick their asses a bit.

So with Debbie, I got used to not hearing from her. She didn't return phone calls or e-mails so I thought it was said and done. This was about 3-4 years ago. I hear from her again today and I'm just like, 'Who are you?' I had to go back into my memory vault to remember exactly who she was. When it occurred to me who it was, my thoughts weren't of joy or glee but rather indifference. As if I didn't really care.

But what really got me was the tone of the e-mail. She drew a picture of WWE wrestler Jeff Hardy and it was a divine drawing. We were both big fans of him at the time and I suggested to Debbie she should send it to him. She contacted a person who was close to him and she suggested to deliver it to his PO Box address and he'll get it. Then Debbie threw a fit. She forwarded the email to me and said, 'I know you're not talking to me but just to let you know, I'm burning the picture.'

And that's when it occurred to me...four years later, this woman is still going through the same emotional issues. She's going to burn a drawing just because his manager, who she got into direct contact with, told her to send it to Jeff's PO Box? What the? Do you know how many people would be living at the post office right now if they got in contact with a celebrity's manager?

It was just weird...like, I have no interest in becoming her friend again and I hope she finds the peace she was looking for. But some people, you just need to cut off.

I mean, really...what...the...fuck.

No comments: